Monday, April 04, 2005

This Old Man

Alone he sat, away from me,
Lost, he seemed, in reality.
Alone he sat, away from me,
This old man, that i could see.

Went I towards him, and softly asked,
"What do you do?"
And all he did was smile at me.
I asked again,
Just to see what he had to say.

His answer did, but startle me.
"Alone i sit and wait for death" said he.
By this he did but starle me.
And then he sat down and wept.

"Why do you cry?" I asked off him.
He said he did not wish to see,
This world with all its misery.
He said he knew all there was to know,
This life was but a bore to him.
And so he sat down and wept.

I watched his face with great intent,
And was but to see,
That this old man,
Was as old as me.

- Riddle

I dont like this one too much, but is all i have for the time being. Hope you like it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home